This week, USA Swimming released the 2018 18 & Under World Rankings and three Lakeside swimmers finished the season ranked inside the top 100 in the world. Annabel Crush, Aldan Johnston, and Hunter Tapp led the way for Lakeside, finishing top 100 in the world in six different events. Two other Lakeside swimmers, Emily Lenihan and Emily Masterson, also did really well, finishing the year just outside of the top 100. The world rankings for each athlete can be found below:
2018 18& Under World Rankings
- 19th – Annabel Crush – 100 Backstroke
- 26th – Annabel Crush – 50 Backstroke
- 48th – Aldan Johnston – 200 Free
- 63rd – Hunter Tapp – 100 Backstroke
- 79th – Hunter Tapp – 100 Freestyle
- 94th – Hunter Tapp – 50 Freestyle
- 101st – Ellie Masterson – 400 IM
- 111th – Aldan Johnston – 200 IM
- 112th – Emily Lenihan – 200 Backstroke
- 117th – Emily Lenihan – 100 Backstroke
With their top 100 finishes, Annabel, Aldan, and Hunter are now eligible to be selected for USA Swimming’s World 100 Team. USA Swimming will comb through the World Rankings and select the 50 male and 50 female swimmers with the highest world rankings that are eligible to represent the United States in international competition.
If selected, athlete will receive a commemorative 18 & World 100 certificate and will have the option to represent Team USA at the 2019 Mel Zajac Jr. International meet in Vancouver.